Online EV Workshops are not refundable.
Once purchased you have access to the Online EV Workshop for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
The information provided here is designed for educational use only and is not a substitute for specific training or experience. EV4U Custom Conversions assumes no liability for any individuals’ use of or reliance upon any material contained or referenced herein. The material contained in these web pages may not be the most current.
Some illustrative photos and/or videos do not depict safety precautions or equipment, in order to show the project steps more clearly.
Use of these videos and suggestions is at your own risk. EV4U Custom Conversions disclaims all responsibility for any resulting damage, injury, or expense. It is your responsibility to make sure that your activities comply with applicable laws.
You must accept that You and You Alone are Responsible for your safety and safety of others in any endeavor in which you engage. While the material on EV Workshops.com is provided in hopes that you convert your own vehicle, You are Responsible for verifying its accuracy and applicability to your project. You are Responsible for knowing your limitations of knowledge and experience. If you do any work with “main power” such as 120 or 240 VAC power wiring, you should consult a Licensed Electrician.
Your safety is your own responsibility, including proper use of equipment and safety gear, and determining whether you have adequate skill and experience. Power tools, electricity, and other resources used in an EV conversion are dangerous, unless used properly and with adequate precautions, including safety gear. If you are a younger person or are inexperienced with electrical devices, ask for help from a parent, teacher or a licensed professional.
You assume all responsibility and risk for the use of the information available on or through this website. EV4U Custom Conversions does not assume any liability for the materials, information and opinions provided on, or available through this website. No advice or information given by EV4U Custom Conversions or its employees shall create any warranty. Reliance on such advice, information or the content of this website is solely at your own risk, including without limitation; any safety guidelines, resources or precautions related to the installation, operation, maintenance or repair of your EV conversion or any other information related to safety that may be available on or through this website. EV4U Custom Conversions disclaims any liability for injury, death or damages resulting from the use thereof.
ELECTRIC VEHICLES USE HIGH VOLTAGE WHICH COULD SHOCK, BURN, CAUSE INJURY OR DEATH, IF PROPER SAFETY PROCEDURES ARE NOT FOLLOWED.
ALWAYS TURN OFF SERVICE DISCONNECT BEFORE PERFORMING ANY MAINTENANCE OR INSPECTION.
ELECTRIC SHOCK RISK MAY EXIST EVEN AFTER THE POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED.
USE ONLY INSULATED TOOLS WHEN WORKING ON AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE.
DO NOT LEAVE VEHICLE UNATTENTED WHILE CHARGING.
ALWAYS SET THE PARKING BRAKE. THERE IS NO ENGINE COMPRESSION.
DO NOT COVER CHARGER OR D/C CONVERTER, THEY NEED GOOD AIR FLOW TO OPERATE PROPERLY.
Lithium Ion Battery Safety Instructions
WARNING: Please read and understand all of the Battery Manufacturer’s safety Guidelines and Instructions in its entirety before using or charging a Lithium-ion battery pack. Failure to do so may result in fire, personal injury, or damage to property if used improperly.
- Lithium-ion battery cells should be monitored with a battery monitoring system (BMS). Every Lithium-ion battery pack should be monitored and automatically protected by a BMS system against over-charge and over-discharge conditions. Over-charge and over-discharge conditions will cause permanent damage to battery cells and packs, and possibly create unsafe operating conditions, such as fire.
- Always implement safety devices such as fuses and contactors together with BMS system to disrupt charging and discharging paths when unsafe conditions occur, such as over-voltage, under-voltage, over-current, short circuit, over-temperature, under-temperature, etc.
- Read the specifications of the Lithium-ion battery before usage and charging. Always charge and discharge Lithium-ion battery within the specified parameter ranges based on individual cell voltages and temperatures.
- Battery, BMS, charger and other control electronics must be installed or kept in a dry area. Avoid exposure to water, such as rain, splashes and moisture condensation.
- Battery packs and control systems must be securely installed. Avoid any movement of battery, connections, wiring and electronics during use.
- Avoid short circuiting battery cells or packs. A short circuit condition will cause permanent damage to battery cells and packs, and possibly create an unsafe operating condition, such as fire. Use caution when installing bus bars, cables and BMS components on the cell terminals. Tools, such as screw drivers and wrenches should be of a properly rated, electrically insulated type.
- Make sure that the surfaces of battery terminals and bus bars are clean and dry. All connections must be tightened properly on the battery terminals before battery is used. Loose connections will result in high contact resistance, heat generation, and can potentially be a fire hazard.
- Make sure bus bars, terminal connectors and cables are adequately sized to handle the maximum charge and discharge current. Inadequately sized bus bar stacks, connectors and cables will cause over-heating and result in a potential fire hazard. Always use current limiting devices such as fuses or circuit breakers.
- There is risk of electric shock when working on a Lithium-ion battery pack. Always wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when working on a battery pack per Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and National Electric Code (NEC) guidelines.
EV4U Custom Conversions and Online EV Workshops.com Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
(a) Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on EVWorkshops.com website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
(i) modify or copy the materials;
(ii) use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
(iii) attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on EV4U Custom Conversions web site;
(iv) remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
(v) transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
(b) This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by EV4U Custom Conversions at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
(a) The materials on Online EV Workshops website are provided “as is”. EV4U Custom Conversions makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, EV4U Custom Conversions does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall EV4U Custom Conversions or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on EV4U Custom Conversions Internet site, even if EV4U Custom Conversions or a EV4U Custom Conversions authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on EV4U Custom Conversions web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. EV4U Custom Conversions does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. EV4U Custom Conversions may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. EV4U Custom Conversions does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
EV4U Custom Conversions has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by EV4U Custom Conversions of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to EV4U Custom Conversions website shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
First and foremost, EV4U Custom Conversions takes privacy very seriously. We absolutely will not share your information with any 3rd parties, advertisers, etc. Your information is stored on a secure server, and no payment or financial information will ever be stored by us.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for EV4U Custom Conversions. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. fulfill your order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (i.e. name and address) and financial information (i.e. credit card number, expiration date, PayPal information). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.